Growing older : things you need to know about aging / Margaret Hellie Huyck.Material type: TextSeries: Human development books; A Spectrum bookPublisher: Englewood Cliffs, N.J., Prentice-Hall c1974Description: xii, 179 p. ; 21 cmISBN: 0133677710; 013367763X (pbk.)Subject(s): Old age -- United States | Middle-aged persons -- United States | AgingDDC classification: 301.435
|Item type||Current location||Call number||Copy number||Status||Date due||Barcode|
|Book Closed Access||Engineering Library||301.435 HUY 1 (Browse shelf)||1||Available||0025079|
1. Introduction: How old are you?
2. Social expectations: Act your age!
3. Biological changes: The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak
4. Human sexuality: Dirty old man or sexy senior citizen
5. Parents and children: Showdown at generation gap
6. Friends and lovers: Together and apart
7. Work and leisure: Jet plane or rocking chair?
8. Personal space: Is your house built on sand?
9. Personality and self-concept: Is this still me?
10. Successful aging: Adding years to our lives
11. New perspectives: Adding life to our years .
Bibliography: p. 175-176 . _ Index : p. 177-179.